1. More strategic Communication 4 Development work is here.
(This is under construction)
Internet Platform: SIFA-SKILLS INITIATIVE FOR AFRICA
Concept and design of the SIFA Internet Platform, which is the entrance to the application and data base SmartMe for applicants use to apply for funding.
Website here https://skillsafrica.org
Please connect to Social Media from the website.
Photography and Design 2018/19 Sabina von Kessel
2. Multimedia and Communication Strategy: SOCIAL SECURITY FOR UNORGANISED WORKERS
Design of a multi-media and communication strategy to achieve behaviour change with participants/stakeholders, considering the semiotic system and creating a response and reward system.
The complete campaign was conceptualised, photographed and designed between 2012 and 2015 by Sabina von Kessel for GIZ, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit and the Ministry of Labour, Bangalore, India.
It consisted of
- Systematic research with communities, unorganized workers and panchayats (the village organisation for local self-governance), in several villages in Kamataka, to find out which visual semiotics and communication channels make sense for the participants. No existing data.
- Conceptualization and implementation a multi-channel communication and branding strategy, which were together with the results of the research published in the brochure “What do you see? Design of a Communication Strategy to Promote Positive Change for Unorganized Workers in Karnataka, India”
- Design a new visual identity, posters and other print material social media, a website and material for the press
- Design and photography of an ad campaign, to be advertised on billboards, buses, autorickshaws and in newspapers
- Photography for GIZ image bank, Portraits of participants, unorganised workers
- Presentation and negotiation of the communication campaign with government stakeholders
- Conceptualized 7 TV- and 3 radio spots (TVspots with Firiri Films, in a team) and the film “Service at your doorstep”
- Concept of a web platform which advocates towards government stakeholders, journalists and multipliers
- Design of the conference design of the international conference by GIZ, “Single Window Services, Social Security and Youth Employability” and presentation of the campaign during the conference
- Research on semiotics, communication with illiterate workers
- Writing, photography, design of the brochure “What do you see? Design of a communication strategy to promote positive change for unorganised workers. ”
- Brand development
- Posters for RSBY and Construction Worker Welfare Board
- Development of a system for community workers for data collection on tablets
- Portfolio here Social Security for Unorganised Workers in a Single-Window-Service.
2. How would you like to implement the Sustainable Development Goals in Hamburg?
A campaign for the SDGs 2030 in Hamburg. A collage with citizen portraits in front of the city’s background with personal statements of how the protagonists would like to implement the Sustainable Development Goals. Poster campaign for Sustainable Development Goals. Photography and Design 2016/17 Sabina von Kessel
For SID, Society for International Development, Hamburg.